Sunday, June 20, 2010

Haircolor question: why did this happen?

1 week ago I bleached my hair to about level 7-8 blonde. (I did this as a pre-lightening step and my natural color is brown) The next day I applied Semi-permanent red to my hair. It's a very bright noticable punk red. I was satisfied but I noticed I missed a few spots and it was starting to fade. Today I used some of the same red color as I did last week (i bought another box) I mixed some of it with shampoo and let it process for 10 minutes. (the instuctions said you could do this as a color refresher) The faded places and the spots I missed are now a lighter red almlost pinkish color and my hair is broken like it's damaged a little bit. I wasn't expecting that because it's a semi permanent color. Or is it breaking because damage from where i bleached it is now taking effect?



Haircolor question: why did this happen?

It's because you mixed it with shampoo then dyed it again. The parts that didn't get dyed didn't need to be "Refreshed" they needed to be redyed.



Wash the color a few times, over a week. Re-dye it with just the hair dye and it should look normal again.



Haircolor question: why did this happen?

You dyed your hair way too much! You are going to have to leave it alone, condition a lot and let it grow out. If you keep dying it (even with the non permanent) you are going to completely fry it. At least go to a salon and let them fix it.



Haircolor question: why did this happen?

Garnier is a very cone-filled shampoo... try using a shampoo specifically for color treated hair. Ion is a good one, you can buy it at Sally's beauty. The problem with cones is that they can cause buildup at your scalp and choke your hair follicle... which is the last thing you need if you already have breakage.



The breakage is from bleach damage, definitely. Buy a very very good conditioner and you should be ok. Also, try a darker red next time, maybe a different brand of red (Manic Panic is insanely drying, I used to use Color Jamz from Sallys) and apply the color with a brush (which you can also buy at Sallys). This way you can avoid blotchy spots and get a little more even coverage.



One last thing! Try to wash your hair as little as possible. Try twice a week. If your roots get greasy, apply a little baby powder on them and brush it through to absorb the oil. The more you wash, the more your color will fade. Apply conditioner in small amounts daily, but only shampoo sparingly. Good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance