Sunday, June 20, 2010

My SITER NEEDS HELP!!?

My sis who is ten wants to be kinda different from other people. She (and I) have atleast a foot long of PLAIN BROWN HAIR. She is cutting it and donating to Locks of Love, a program for kids who don't have any hair, and then wnats to dye it another color. She was thinking purple, or atleast streaks, but our Mom doesn't agree. She doesn't want her to dye it EVER. I agree with my sis, though, because our Mom actually has NO reason NOT to let her dye it, PLUS I think it's important to be different AND my lil sis dresses kinda punk for a 10 year old, so the hair would be perfect for her. I need help convincing our Mom!



Mom wants her to cut her hair to about shoulder length, but neither of us do. Lil sis wants it cut kinda like this:



http://home4u.hongkong.com/sports/soccer...



and died ANY color! PLEASE HELP!



My SITER NEEDS HELP!!?

I think that the hair cut would be cute on her since she's ten anyhow, and by the time she was older and maturer--her hair would have grown back. I'm not crazy about the purple but that's my personal opinion. I think that she may have to negotiate with your mom on this one though. I know I had to negotiate with my mom on several things when I was little (if she was willing to negotiate) from wearing little or no makeup to hairstyling to my clothes. Maybe your mom will agree to let her cut her hair, but only highlight it with a different color, idk...I hope she will be careful with the dye because once people start they tend to redo it time and time again. All those chemicals are damaging. I know that personally because I'm in the process of regrowing my hair now. It took such a while to get it back in a healthy and strong condition.



My SITER NEEDS HELP!!?

The locks of love thing is nice. She should definitely do it.



And your mom should let her dye her hair.



Curbing her individualism isn't going to help her grow into a "well adjusted" person.



It's just going to repress her own desires and force her to be someone she's not.



It's like trying to force a square peg through a round hole. It's never going to work without something breaking.



Let your mom read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance